Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Bad news about any more AGPs

  1. #1
    AG Crazy in Wyoming
    Guest AG Crazy in Wyoming's Avatar

    Post

    How about one in cowtown, Wyoming? Right smack in the middle of nowhere USA with unlimited space and no concerns whatsever for parking. "Yes ma'am. It's down by the ol' Marsh place, next to the willow patch around them cows you see over yonder." Sales would be incredible. There aren't ANY stores around so we all could eat, sleep, and dress like AG. It's the perfect solution! HA ~Bugs [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't see what movies vs. stores have to do with each other. Movies are advertising, in effect. They get people interested in the dolls and wanting to buy them. Some do like to buy through the print catalog or online but lots of people love to visit "destination" stores and do their buying there. Far from being in competition with each other, I'd think more movies would help support more stores which, in turn, would help create more interest for the movies.

  3. #3
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Your PS is misinformed.

    While there won't be any more American girl PLACE stores, they are scheduled to start initial testing for 2-3 smaller American Girl Boutique stores in 2007.

    AGBs are smaller than AGP, and do not carry a full range of products, only the most popular. They are more centered on experiences, like the cooking classes, and the doll birthday parties.

    New customers make 25% of purchases at AGP stores. They want some smaller more accessible satellite stores that drive repeat visits as opposed to "once in a lifetime" visits that tend to happen at AGPs. The idea is to keep those 25% of people who buy their first doll in an AGP store to keep coming back to the brand.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jschalka's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2006
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Sara, you sound like you have the inside track on info, maybe you are the secret link from HB to AG, keep up the good work.

  5. #5
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by SaraLovesHerDollys:
    Your PS is misinformed.

    While there won't be any more American girl PLACE stores, they are scheduled to start initial testing for 2-3 smaller American Girl Boutique stores in 2007.

    AGBs are smaller than AGP, and do not carry a full range of products, only the most popular. They are more centered on experiences, like the cooking classes, and the doll birthday parties.

    New customers make 25% of purchases at AGP stores. They want some smaller more accessible satellite stores that drive repeat visits as opposed to "once in a lifetime" visits that tend to happen at AGPs. The idea is to keep those 25% of people who buy their first doll in an AGP store to keep coming back to the brand.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the first I've heard of boutiques, but the reasoning behind them sounds very reasonable to me. I hope Seattle or Portland will get a boutique!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bethmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That would really make a lot of sense to me!!!
    While there won't be any more American girl PLACE stores, they are scheduled to start initial testing for 2-3 smaller American Girl Boutique stores in 2007.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It will be interesting to see where they position these.
    I know the postage rates keep a lot of folks from making more frequent small purchases (impulse control for me,I know),
    but if I could more easily "drop in" to a smaller store for say..shoes..hair care stuff..or just the occasional "AG fix"
    It would be great..plus I know I would be inclined to buy more,esp. if a grand dau or two was along.
    (Yikes!!!)
    I do know that having a Disney Store in town was a boost..for those long times between trips.
    However,DSs have changed a lot so not so irresistable anymore.
    (thank goodness,I guess)
    Wonder where these might be?
    Mall of America?
    Downtown Disney?? Land or World??

  7. #7
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by SaraLovesHerDollys:
    ...

    While there won't be any more American girl PLACE stores, they are scheduled to start initial testing for 2-3 smaller American Girl Boutique stores in 2007...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds like a really smart idea.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually don't mind. I was worried they would put one in Washington. Then I would have to pay Washington tax rates. Granted they would probably put one in Seattle which is close by, so I wouldn't have to pay shipping, but not to sure how tax rates might effect the total amounts, incomparison to just spending shipping rates...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for that info, Sara!

    Do you have any idea as to what locations they're going for? I'd love to see one in Phoenix, (and AZ would be prime location for one, the bigger cities here are growing SO fast), but that is a bit close to LA.

    I'd much prefer to see them expand with smaller stores than with more AGPs. I think it would take away from the experience of the bigger stores, but I like the idea of many smaller stores.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info, Sara! I am way excited about these so-called "satellite" stores . . . and I sure hope they put one in the South, like in ATLANTA!!! We have everything else here, so an AG store would be perfect (and feed my obsession, muahahaha). Keep us posted on locations!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •